I think we left off at Day 2 & now skipping to Day 8
The chassis is done except for the parts that are on order. They should be here Wednesday as long as the post office doesn’t drop the ball like on the TRX4 itself. Decided to replace the esc right off the bat. It’s being replaced with a Hobbywing HW1080 which will give me much more programing options. Plus it’s higher amp output will help the T-Pro MG958 steering servo. Also ordered some Gmade S03 beadlock steel wheels. These will fit the body style better than the stock glue on wheels.
The build went real well the kit is well made and the instructions are pretty easy to follow. I did make a few mistakes that I had to go back and correct. One of my biggest issues was with screws. I would sort that out to size or at least I thought I was, guess I can’t tell the difference between a 27mm screw and a 30mm screw. They ended up in the same pile but in the wrong holes. The screws are in each bag for the step so it wasn’t like I had to go back several steps to get it right. The other thing is I put the rear links in the wrong holes so I had an almost impossible pinion angle. The lower links go to the inside holes, the upper links to the outside hole.
I figure by Thursday, unless life gets in the way The chassis will be ready for a test run. Probably will at least another week maybe more before the body is done. Still fitting the cab to the chassis and I haven’t even started on the bed yet, not to mention the interior. Still have a ways to go but I’m hoping it will be one cool rig when it’s done.